Work Location: Fort Collins, CO
Four Inc. is actively seeking an experienced Senior Database Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture (EA) Team, directly supporting several application development teams. The selected candidate will support Four Inc. in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team of dedicated software professionals? Are you concerned about protecting our Nation’s natural resources? We need people who are committed to action. People who want to apply their education and experience to make sure that all of us enjoy the benefits of productive soil, clean water, clean air, and abundant wildlife that come from a healthy environment.
Natural resource conservation is an effort of Federal and State agencies, local units of government (i.e. Soil and Water Conservation and Natural Resource Districts), Universities, and professional societies to deliver science-based information to the Nation’s private land owners. Join us to build the technology to help people understand, protect, conserve and increase the productivity of our natural resources.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee database design and database development efforts for enterprise compliance
- Review data model designs against enterprise data context and conformance to enterprise data standards
- Work with teams to understand business information needs and alignment to the enterprise data strategy.
- Manage enterprise data in context of OLTP and OLAP strategies leveraging modern ETL, Data Warehouse, and Reporting approaches between concerns.
- Participate in the management of the Enterprise Data Architecture Roadmap
- Prepare and present reference models as needed to facilitate higher quality initial designs and compliance with standards across all teams.
Prior work experience implementing large scale relational data warehouse on SQL Server platform is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science or Information Technology degree
- 5+ years of Data Architecture and Database Design Experience in an enterprise environment
- Candidates without a college degree will be considered, but must at least 7 years of direct SQL Server DBA and development experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
- SQL Server 2008/2012 development and administration experience
- SSIS design and implementation experience
- Transact SQL development experience/analysis in an environment that may or may not be using ORM tools
- Entity Relationship Diagramming skills
- Excellent data analyst and architecture skills
- Experience with data modeling and schema design techniques
- Possess excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results
- Experience with Red Gate database tools
- PowerDesigner experience
- SSRS development and deployment experience
- SSAS design and implementation experience
- Document and Records Management experience
- Lucene experience
- Experience with data replication, synchronization, and data provisioning
- Experience with mobile and disconnected data stores
- Familiarity with common enterprise analysis methods
- Experience with writing web services and data access classes in .Net
Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
To apply, submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.